Model: LOCATIE IN OVP IN BOX 10
In dienst : 22-06-2010
Nummer: 204 617-7
Fabrikanten : Deutz, Maschinenfabrik Esslingen, Henschel, Jung, Krauss-Maffei and
Functie: rangeer en goederenlocomotief
Maximum snelheid :
These DB Class V 100 diesel locomotives were produced in the late 1950s by the
Deutsche Bundesbahn for non-electrified branch lines as a replacement for steam
locomotives. The V 100 class was built as two different versions.
Decommissioned locomotives were also used in Austria by the Austrian Federal Railways
during the 1990s and early 2000s, where they were registered as ÖBB Class 2048
The Class V 100.10 was a diesel locomotive for light passenger and goods traffic on
branch lines. It was developed in 1956 by the Bundesbahn Central Office in Munich
together with the engineering works, Maschinenbau Kiel (MaK), for the Deutsche
In the late autumn of 1958 the first six trials engines were delivered. Numbers V 100
001 to 005 were fitted with a 809 kW (1,100 PS) motor, but number V 100 006 was given
a 993 kW (1,350 PS) motor. The latter formed the basis for the V 100.20, later
DB Class 212. Number V 100 007 was built by MaK as the seventh trial engine and
tested in Sweden; it was sold in 1959 to the Deutsche Bundesbahn. In 1960, the
prototype series, numbers 001 to 005 and 007 were renumbered to V 100 1001 to 1005
and 1007 in order to better distinguish them from the more powerful V 100 006. In
1961 the production series was started, the run lasting until 1963. As well as MaK,
the firms of Deutz, Maschinenfabrik Esslingen, Henschel, Jung, Krauss-Maffei and
Krupp were involved in building the locomotives.
As part of the renumbering of locomotives by the Deutsche Bundesbahn in 1968, the V
100.10 was redesignated as DB Class 211. The Deutsche Bahn AG inherited the
locomotives in 1994.
After almost 40 years service the last engine was withdrawn in 2001.